10 most difficult firearms riddlesFirearms quiz
Who designed the German MP 40 submachine gun known as Schmeisser?
The MP 40 designed in 1938 by Heinrich Vollmer Its advanced and modern features made it a favorite among soldiers and popular in countries from various parts of the world after the war. It was often erroneously called "Schmeisser" by the Allies, despite Hugo Schmeisser's non-involvement in the weapon's design and production.
What was the name of the first semi-automatic pistol?
None of the above is a semi-automatic pistol
The Borchardt C-93 semi-automatic pistol was designed by Hugo Borchardt in 1893 based upon the Maxim toggle-bolt design.. With about 1,100 manufactured by Loewe and nearly 2,000 more produced by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken, the Borchardt C-93 was the first mass-produced semi-automatic pistol.
What was the main weakness of Colt revolvers, comparing to its competitors?
lack of possibility to use metallic cartridges
poor shooting precision
Samuel Colt missed a great opportunity in firearms development when he dismissed an idea from one of his gunsmiths, Rollin White. White proposed a "bored-through" revolver cylinder to allow the use of metallic cartridges in a handgun. After Colt fired White for suggesting an improvement to his revolver, White took his idea to Colt's competitor, Smith & Wesson, who patented his invention and kept Colt from being able to build cartridge firearms for almost 20 years.
What was the distinguishing feature of the TKB-059 rifle?
He was the lightest weapon that was produced.
Nothing, he was an ordinary weapon.
He had three barrels.
He was the only rifle with 2 barrels.
TKB-059 was a Soviet three-barrel bullpup assault rifle, capable of fully automatic fire, manufactured by Tula Arms Plant in 1966. It was based on the Pribor 3B, an earlier experimental assault rifle with three barrels. Both weapons used a tripled 7.62×39mm magazine with a capacity of 90 rounds, with each barrel independently fed from the magazine. TKB-059 can now be seen at the Tula arms museum.
What is the name of this gun?
The Lewis gun was invented by U.S. Army colonel Isaac Newton Lewis in 1911. The Lewis gun is a First World War-era light machine gun of US design that was perfected and mass-produced in the United Kingdom, and widely used by British and British Empire troops during the war. It was also widely used as an aircraft machine gun, almost always with the cooling shroud removed, during both world wars.
Which of the Italian companies produced machine guns?
By 1910, Fiat was the largest automotive company in Italy—a position it has retained since. During World War I, Fiat had to devote all of its factories to supplying the Allies with aircraft, engines, machine guns, trucks, and ambulances. Upon the entry of the US into the war in 1917, the factory was shut .
What makes depleted uranium a good material for making ammunition?
Depleted uranium is 1.67 times as dense as lead, 84% as dense as osmium or iridium, which are the densest known substances under standard (i.e., Earth-surface) pressures. Consequently a depleted uranium projectile of given mass has a smaller diameter than an equivalent lead projectile, with less aerodynamic drag and deeper (armor-piercing) penetration due to a higher pressure at point of impact.
What kind of magazine is that?
Helical magazines extend the drum magazine design so that rounds follow a spiral path around an auger-shaped rotating follower or drive member, allowing for large ammunition capacity in a magazine that can be adapted to increase ammo capacity with only a minor increase to the dimensions of an unloaded gun. This type of magazine is used by the Calico M960, Bizon SMG, Long Wind CS/LS06 and KBP PP90M1.
What was the predecessor of the soviet machine gun "pe-pe-sha"?
Nagant wz. 1895
The PPSh-41 is a Soviet submachine gun designed by Georgy Shpagin as a cheap, reliable, and simplified alternative to the PPD-40. Common nicknames are "pe-pe-sha" meaning "daddy". The PPSh saw extensive combat use during World War II and the Korean War. It was one of the major infantry weapons of the Soviet Armed Forces during World War II. Around six million PPSh-41s were manufactured.
What was the capacity of the M1 Garand rifle magazine? (as used by the American army)
The M1 rifle was named after its Canadian-American designer, John Garand. It was the first standard-issue semi-automatic military rifle- U.S. service rifle during World War II and the Korean War and also saw limited service during the Vietnam War. In total, about 4.5 million pieces of rifle were produced.